Monday, September 20, 2010

Magazine inspiration - Part 5

It seems like ages since I've posted images of one of the many (many) homes which inspired me in undertaking my renovations.

Here is a gorgeous property, as featured in Home Beautiful Magazine. I think what I love most about this property is the way they have incorporated a bit of that mid-century feel into what is a very sleek and contemporary home.


SCAN0033


I'm loving the Eames DSW chairs and collection of vintage bottles on the table.


SCAN0034


We all know I love a good vintage style sideboard - this one featured above, in combination with the French poster is a winner in my books.


SCAN0035


Want to steal their style? You could start with a few replica eames chairs from Matt Blatt (not bad at $99 a pop). As you can see these chairs are super sexy, even teamed with a relatively simple table. They come in red and black as well, if you want a hint of colour in your life:





If you're like me and love a bit of vintage glassware, eBay is the place for you to be. Here are a few gorgeous examples I found currently on offer from the seller atlantictreasure. While they are a bit chunkier than the ones pictured above, I think the colours are amazing.





Finish it all up with a retro poster and voila - your home might be featured in Home Beautiful one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment