Saturday, September 18, 2010

Blue and green should never be seen...

This gorgeous home featured in the latest issue of Lonny Magazine really caught my eye. (For those of you who don't read Lonny - do it! Now! It's a free online magazine and is amazing!)

I admire people who have that bower-bird mentality and can manage to really bring such unique collections together in a cohesive way.







The collection of blue and green vases has me in awe! I have to admit I have loved that combination of deep green with the lighter, almost turquoise, blue for many years. My love for this colour scheme was brought on many years ago when I first set my eyes on the Jasper Conran for Wedgeood Chinoiserie collection.





Blue + green + birds = heaven in a plate.

Confession time... while I have been in love with this Wedgwood set for at least 3 or 4 years now, the price point is somewhat prohibitive so I've never been able to justify buying it for myself. So I secretly (or at least secretly up until now) put it on my list that, "if one day I ever get married and set up a wedding registry, this is the first thing going on it".

2 comments:

  1. Oh I have those plates! :) I add one item to my collection each year which makes is somewhat more affordable. Although earlier this year I almost cried when I accidentally dropped one of the bowls and it shattered everywhere - good thing they are a permanent line from Wedgewood so all I need to do is go into either Myer or DJs to get a replacement. Needless to say only very special house guests get served using this china!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words cannot describe how jealous I am ;)

    ReplyDelete