Monday, March 8, 2010

Undomestic goddess

Well it's official - I've started making the big move into my house! If I'm being completely honest with myself, I know this process will take at least a couple of weeks - but it's exciting none-the-less.

I've started moving all of my homewares which is a scary process. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to fit everything into my little kitchen. At the same time my inner Martha Steward has come out to play and is haunting me. I want my cupboards to be pristine, organised and well thought out... just what the perfect 1950's housewife would have.


Unfortunately, as I've never lived in the property with it's new kitchen etc, I'm not sure how everything will work. I have a million questions running through my head like: Is it better to have my food stored in a high cupboard, or low down? Am I going to be annoyed if my pots and pans aren't in close proximity to my stove?

At the end of the day, it won't surprise me if it's a matter of trial and error until I find something which works. But it would be nice to have success on my first try!

No comments:

Post a Comment