Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cheap thrills

I had a bit of a splurge at Ikea yesterday picking up some of those final bits and piece, chopping boards, bowls, an "Andy" trolley but the biggest bargain was a selection of fabrics from the "Patricia" collection.
The whole range was on sale for half price at my local Ikea (down to $5/m), so I picked up 1m each of 4 different selections and made some throw cushions.

Here are the finished results, I think they look pretty great, even if I do say so myself.


I can't claim the credit for the gorgeous greeny/gold pillow at the front - it's from Aura.

This is Lola, my parents' new puppy enjoying the newly made cushions.

Total cost of fabric = $20
Cost of pillow inserts = $6
Help from my wonderful Mum in sewing the cushions = priceless.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cushions! I love the mix of colours & prints

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen! Your house is absolutely gorgeous! I love what you've done to the place so far and how you've managed to make everything work together so well. Also Miss Lola puppy is simply adorable! I can't wait to read more updates on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete